This quilt started out as a contact print pillow cover, but as I was making it, I decided to add largeborders and make it a wall/baby quilt size instead. I'm so glad I made that decision! This is a bit of a departure from my usual work, but I love it for that reason. It's good to stretch yourself once in awhile!
For the fabric, I used a mini charm pack of doe, plus Kona cotton in white and iron, all by Robert Kaufman.Carolyn Friedlander with lots of dense stitching. Some of it was done with my free motion foot, some was done with my regular foot. I didn't use my walking foot at all! It was fun to make up the quilting as I went, but I did use a hera marker to mark most of the lines. It was a nice safety net.
SR Harris.) I like--and don't like--that it shows ALL of the quilting. No room for error! But, it is a nice contrast to the front. I used Aurifil thread in my favorite color, 2600. I think it goes with everything!
Now it's your turn! Please link up your finishes for the week. As always, thanks for joining me for finish it up Friday!